radishes


on

No comments


It wasn't until last fall thatI liked radishes.


They simply were too tart and starchy for my taste. Crazy thing is, radishes are ridiculously good for you. I've always wished I liked them--but it hasn't worked out.

All that to say, I've been changed.

Last fall, we received a big bunch of radishes in our CSA box. I had been on a roasting vegetable kick and decided to give the radishes a try as I'd seem them in some of our fave Lou restaurants.

Incredible.

I'd like to say they tasted like roasted potatoes, but I've also said that brussels sprouts taste like meat (it was during my vegetarian years)...

so you better be the judge.



Roasted Radishes

radishes
salt
oil
rosemary

Preheat oven to 425.

Clean radishes and cut them in half. For the bigger guys, quarter them.

Put into a bowl and lightly toss them with olive oil. Place them on a baking sheet, salt and sprinkle with fresh rosemary.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the radishes are starting to brown and turning translucent.

Serve with ketchup or an aioli :)

Leave a Reply